IUPAC Name: (2R,3S,4R,5R,8R,10R,11R,12S,13S,14R)-11-[(2S,3R,4S,6R)-4-(dimethylamino)-3-hydroxy-6-methyloxan-2-yl]oxy-2-ethyl-3,4,10-trihydroxy-13-[(2R,4R,5S,6S)-5-hydroxy-4-methoxy-4,6-dimethyloxan-2-yl]oxy-3,5,6,8,10,12,14-heptamethyl-1-oxa-6-azacyclopentadecan-15-one
Other names: Azadose; Goxal; Sumamed; Ultreon; CP 62993; Zithromax; Azitrocin; Azythromycin; Azithromycin
Molecular weight: 749.00 g/mol
Molecular formula: C38H72N2O12
Azithromycin is an antibiotic used for the treatment of a number of bacterial infections (middle ear infections, strep throat, pneumonia, traveller’s diarrhoea) or number of sexually transmitted infections (chlamydia and gonorrhoea infections). Along with other medications, it may also be used for malaria. Recently the combination of azithromycin with antiviral drug hydroxychloroquine was found to be more efficient in the treatment of COVID-19.
Azithromycin was discovered in 1980 by Pliva and approved for medical use in 1988. It is one of the Essential Medicines in the World Health Organization’s List, the safest and most effective medicines needed in a health system. Azithromycin belongs to family of azalides, a type of macrolide antibiotic. It works by decreasing the production of protein, thereby stopping bacterial growth.
Chemicals are distributed worldwide
Buy Azithromycin now, get your order in 48 hours
- Shipping through FedEx in EU in 48 hours
- When you buy whole AVIROMIX you get shipping in EU for free
- All compounds are safely and rigorously packed
- For the shipment outside the EU contact us
- We are sending the invoice the same day as the shipment
- We are able to modify the invoice for the academic institution, so the order can be paid from grants