IUPAC Name: (S)-8-methyl-6,9-diazaspiro[4.5]decan-7,10-dione
Other names: Alaptide, VUFB-15754, Cyclo(alanine-(1-amino-1-cyclopentane)carbonyl)
Molecular weight: 182.22 g/mol
Molecular formula: C9H14N2O2
The molecule is composed of two amino acids, L-alanine and cycloleucine, that are interlocked into a spirocycle.
Alaptide enables a significant stimulating effect of human diploid cells (LEP-19) without transformation changes in their morphology. This effect can be used in various areas of regenerative medicine, such as treating burn injuries, skin treatment etc.
Epidermal regeneration abilities were also proved on a number of tests using domestic pigs. It was found out that Alaptide causes a faster skin regeneration of various injuries.
Moreover, Alaptide is also used as a modifier of permeation through the stratum corneum (SC), the least permeable layer of skin. Even though it is almost insoluble in water (0.1104 g/100 mL), they are physical ways (such as milling with various emulsifiers and stabilisers) how to increase its solubility and, therefore, the ability of permeation.
Interestingly, it was originally developed and tested for its nootropic effects with possible oral administration.
You can read more in our article.
Chemicals are distributed worldwide
Buy Alaptide now, get your order in 48 hours
- Shipping through DHL in 48 hours. We can also arrange shipping on dry ice.
- All compounds are safely and rigorously packed
- Delivery time 24 hours in Europe, 24-48 hours to USA, Canada, Asia
- Shipping worldwide for free.
- We are sending the invoice the same day as the shipment
- We can modify the invoice for the academic institution so that the order can be paid from grants
- Payment terms 30 days net