IUPAC Name: 5-fluoro-2-oxo-1H-pyrazine-3-carboxamide
Other names: 6-fluoro-3-hydroxy-2-pyrazinecarboxamide; Avigan; T-705 cpd; Favipiravir
Molecular weight: 157.10 g/mol
Favipiravir, also known as T-705, or Avigan, is a novel RNA polymerase inhibitor. This antiviral drug has shown activity against many RNA viruses, influenza viruses, West Nile virus, yellow fever virus, foot-and-mouth disease virus as well as other flaviviruses, arenaviruses, bunyaviruses and alphaviruses. Activity against enteroviruses and Rift Valley fever virus has also been proven. Favipiravir does not inhibit RNA or DNA synthesis in mammalian cells and is not toxic to them. In March 2015 was completed a Phase III clinical trial studying the safety and efficacy of Favipiravir in the treatment of influenza. Recently Favipiravir was being studied in China for experimental treatment of COVID-19.
Favipiravir is a pyrazinecarboxamide derivative and it was developed by Toyama Chemical (Fujifilm group) in Japan. This derivative is a prodrug that is metabolized to its active form, favipiravir-ribofuranosyl-5′-triphosphate (favipiravir-RTP). Hypoxanthine guaninephosphoribosyltransferase (HGPRT) is believed to play a key role in this activation process in the human body.
Chemicals are distributed worldwide
Buy Favipiravir now, get your order in 48 hours
- Shipping through FedEx in EU in 48 hours
- When you buy whole AVIROMIX you get shipping in EU for free
- All compounds are safely and rigorously packed
- For the shipment outside the EU contact us
- We are sending the invoice the same day as the shipment
- We are able to modify the invoice for the academic institution, so the order can be paid from grants