IUPAC Name: 4-N-(7-chloroquinolin-4-yl)-1-N,1-N-diethylpentane-1,4-diamine
Other names: Aralen; Chingamin; Nivaquine; Chlorochin; Chloroquine
Molecular weight: 319.88 g/mol
Molecular formula: C18H26ClN3
Chloroquine is a medication which is used to prevent and treat malaria in areas where malaria remains sensitive to its effects. Certain types of malaria, resistant strains, and complicated cases typically require different or additional medication. It is also occasionally used for amebiasis that is occurring outside the intestines, rheumatoid arthritis, and lupus erythematosus. Chloroquine is also being studied for the treatment of COVID-19.
Chloroquine is a member of the drug class 4-aminoquinoline and it was discovered in 1934, by chemist Hans Andersag and coworkers at the Bayer laboratories, who named it Resochin. Chloroquine has also significant antiviral effects. It increases late endosomal and lysosomal pH, resulting in the impaired release of the virus from the endosome or lysosome – the release of the virus requires a low pH. The virus is therefore unable to replicate (releasing its genetic material into the cell).
Chemicals are distributed worldwide
Buy Chloroquine now, get your order in 48 hours
- Shipping through FedEx in EU in 48 hours
- When you buy whole AVIROMIX you get shipping in EU for free
- All compounds are safely and rigorously packed
- For the shipment outside the EU contact us
- We are sending the invoice the same day as the shipment
- We are able to modify the invoice for the academic institution, so the order can be paid from grants